The author shares lessons learned in estimating test automation efforts, including the effort to idendity candidates for test automation andfactors that affects test automation estimation.
"The subject of software estimating is definitely a black art," says Lew Ireland, former president of the Project Management Institute.
As you know, estimating is more of an art than a science, and inherently more prone to the negative aspects of human biases. So bare with me, if am awry in my estimation exercise.
These are the lessons learnt out of experiences which describes in detail the following key areas for effort calculation:
- Candidates for test automation.
- Factors that affects test automation estimation.
- Grouping steps to determine complexity.
- Framework design and estimation.
- Scripting effort estimation.
Click on the link below to download the article.