Actually the thing is you have to first check what type of project it is. As a tester, you need to understand which testing is required and whether the use of tools will be beneficial for you or not. There are lots of books available in the market which provide you great knowledge about automation. It will help you which approach should you prefer. I am recommending you a few books' names please find below.
1. Just Enough Software Test Automation
2. Implementing Automated Software Testing
3. Experiences of Test Automation
4. Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
5. Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
In spite of these books, In the era of digitization, you will find out enough knowledge about testing on the internet also. So the choice is yours.