The one-stop guide for everyone getting started with eXtreme Programming!
* Making XP principles work in the real world
* Best practices for the entire project lifecycle: conceptualization through delivery
* Understand the role of every participant: developer, manager, and customer
* Specific solutions to the most common XP transitioning problems
Practically overnight, Extreme Programming (XP) has become one of the world's leading agile methodologies. Now, there's an easy, concise, introduction that delivers all the guidance and best practices you need to make XP work in your organization!
A Practical Guide to eXtreme Programming doesn't just introduce key XP principles such as simplicity, communication, and feedback: it shows how to make them work in the real world. Using a start-to-finish case study, this book covers the entire project lifecycle, every key task, and the role of every XP participant—developers, managers, and customers. Coverage includes:
* Envisioning your proposed software system
* Writing effective user stories and acceptance tests
* Planning for regular releases and iterations
* "Coding with intention"
* Best practices for integration, refactoring, testing, and delivery
* Overcoming the challenges of transitioning to XP
Want all the benefits XP can provide? Want to implement XP as smoothly and painlessly as possible? This is the place to start!